Working more efficiently with Tags
When adding new keys to your project on a regular basis, it can be quite difficult to track which keys belong to which feature or section of your project.
With PhraseApp, you can add multiple tags to your keys with meaningful labels and to alyways keep them well organized:
- Add tags during an upload of new keys that belong to one feature
- Group keys with the same tag to let translators know which keys should be translated first
- Mark keys as “experimental” or “deprecated” before deleting them in the near future
You can introduce new tags to your project in various ways:
- Add tags during upload: You can add one or multiple tags during file upload. These will automatically be added to all keys that are added (or updated) by the file you upload.
- Add tags manually: You can add one or multiple tags by editing a single key in the key management panel or translation view.
- Batch tagging: You can add one or multiple tags by selecting multiple keys in the key management panel and use the batch-tag option
- Add single tags: You can of course also add a tag in the tag management section without assigning them to keys yet.
Please note that the following characters are allowed as tag names:
Searching for tags
In simple search mode you can search for tagged keys by using the
tag: prefix keyword in the search bar. When you have just tagged your latest upload with the tag
new-feature, simply type
tag:new-feature into the search field to find all the keys of the latest upload. If you would like to filter for keys with multiple tags you need to reuse the
tag: keyword. For example: to find keys that are tagged with
admin you will need to use
tag:new-feature tag:admin in the search bar.
In advanced search mode you can specify tags to be filtered for in the field with the label Tags. If you need to find keys with multiple tags you can list them here simply separated by commas, for example
new-feature,admin will show you keys with the tags